It is by sharing information and ideas that people grow. We hope that our thoughts and shared experiences help you through your Service Transformation journeys.
We also suggest that you follow the ITFM Grinder for more thoughts and insights from thought leaders in the domain.
- Why do we run IT like a Business? -What does it mean when the business tells you to ‘Run IT like a Business” ? Impacts for service design and metrics
- Rationalizing and Socializing changes to your service costing model – How to plan and communicate so that your model updates are a seamless process
- Assessing your data readiness for consumption based service allocations – Data sources, tools and methods to assess your readiness to implement consumption based allocations before you start the journey.
- Translating IT for Finance and the Board Room- tips on Models design and considerations to make your service costing efforts useful across the enterprise.
- Services from a Consumer’s Point of view – Your Service costing model can impact the customer experience of your services. learn how to avoid common problems.
- Budgeting for Services– The design considerations for budget on your Service Costing model. Slides from our ITFMA 2013 Conference, for information on data sources, tools and methods to assess your readiness to implement consumption based allocations before you start the journey.
Tools and Templates:
- Sample IT Financial Analyst Job Description for companies using an automation platform such as Apptio, Nicus, ServiceNow or others.
- Sample Service Costing Manager Job Description for companies using an automation platform such as Apptio, Nicus, ServiceNow or others.
- Service Costing Operational Processes for companies using an automation platform such as Apptio, Nicus M-PWR, ServiceNow Financial Management or others.
- The Business Service Portfolio and Metrics – Quick Overview of the Business Service Lifecycle and related metrics for Service Portfolio Management
Big Data and Analytics:
- Digging For Data Gold– Insights into the importance of asking the right questions when taking advantage of Big Data sources.